I wonder why he had these trust issues with Melanctha, even though she did not do anything while they were together that would cause these feelings.
This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Fall 2011. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Monday, October 17, 2011
Trust Issues
Something that kept bothering me about this story is the way that Jeff Campbell did not trust Melanctha even though she did not do anything while they were talking. He heard from Rose about all of the things that Melanctha use to do but that was before he began to come over and care for her mother which in turned cared for her. On page 408, it talks about Jeff wondering and the doubting that he was having. I guess I just do not understand why he continued to feel this way when him and Melanctha were having such a good time with their talking and wandering. It bothers me because I feel that this ruins what they had going for them, she seemed to begin to get annoyed of his asking if she loved him.
1 comment:
That's a good question. There could be some underlying cause behind his mistrust and it will be interesting to find out what the class thinks about this tomorrow. I also think that it might just be her past that is making her hard to trust. But it could definitly be something else as well, maybe something we missed in the reading.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.