Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rachel

I am first going to comment on reading a play in general. I can't remember the last play that I read, it was probably in high school in tenth grade. I probably didn't like it since I can't even remember the name. But I really enjoyed the scene that was set at the beginning of this play. It was so different from a novel that uses more of a poetic language to describe surroundings, but it was different in a good way. I could close my eyes and see this place distinctly. From the red brick wall of the next door building, to the shades of green that were everywhere in the apartment--on the walls, the window shades, and the vases on the mantel. I feel like since this color was mentioned so often, and since Rachel brought up the point about living on the third floor in her conversation with Mr. Strong that the setting is important somehow. I will probably bring it up in class since I want to know if I only noticed it because I have a small obsession with interior decorating or if it was actually a detail that is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.