This scene made me feel especially bad for Melanctha because it got to the point where her own friends were turning on her. I thought it was kind of mean of Rose since she had just spent time talking Melanctha out of killing herself. I'm sure it would be hard to be acquaintances with someone like Melanctha but knowing the extent of her problems I didn't expect Rose to be such a mean person. I also didn't expect Sam to just sit back and be okay with it since he was fond of Melanctha. I was utterly disappointed.
1 comment:
This part of the story actually struck me as pretty odd as well. Rose seemed to turn on Melanctha fast and it really made me question her character. She seemed to really care about Melanctha at the beginning of the story and definitely should seeing as Melanctha took such good care of her. I'm still kind of confused as to what exactly made her turn on Melanctha so fast.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.