This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Fall 2011. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Monday, October 31, 2011
It was all a scam!!
I agree with everyone else. What the heck was up with this ending? It was as if the story turned into a whole different story. I'm thinking the hunchback knew Marvin from long ago or something because why else would he take his side in the fight Marvin and Miss Amelia had? Which by the way was weird on its own. Did anyone else wonder why they let this fight go on? I mean sure she's 6'2 and sort of manish, she's still a female yet she's able to fight this jailbird man. But anyway back to cousin Lymon... It was all a little weird. I know he has been a weird character since he entered the story but he took it to a whole different level. The whole following Marvin around and then helping him out in the fight, just doesn't seem right to me. I never really liked this guy because he just comes in and gets whatever he wants. Miss Amelia feeds him whatever he wants however he likes it, keeps him clean, lets him have as much money as he want, he gets everything just for him to turn on her in the end. Something is not right and I can't wait to talk about this scam tomorrow!
1 comment:
I totally have the same feelings. Lymon definitely knew Marvin beforehand and it was really upsetting to see Lymon betray Amelia like that after all she had done for him. I also thought that the fight was strange, almost as if the town was convinced she was a man or something. It mentioned in the beginning how they viewed her in a manly sense, so maybe that's why they didn't bother to start the fight. Not really sure, but definitely strange for sure.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.