Overall, I found Miss Jean Brodie to be a very peculiar character. I was very surprised to read that she wanted her students to sleep with Mr. Lloyd. I find that to be very odd and quite gross. Especially when she wants Rose sleep with him, but Miss Brodie loves him. I find that whole scenario very odd.
I feel like Miss Brodie is not a good teacher at all. Instead of teaching these girls, she is totally focused on herself and what she likes. She even encourages the girls to do things that are considered wrong, such as adultery. I did not like her character. I thought that she was very full of herself.
2 comments:
Yes I agree...she is doing way to much in this book and its terrible to think how these girls will be effected later on in their lives. The worst was, like you said when she thought one of the girls were going to sleep with Mr. Lloyd. smh that is a shame..they are only 10! but hey thats Ms. Brodie for ya..
I do agree with what you are saying, and feel that it is a pretty awkward and uncomfortable situation that you are describing. The relationships that you describe are inappropriate, but I don't necessarily agree that Miss Brodie was entirely wrong in her teachings. Don't get me wrong, I would not run my classroom they way she did. But like we discussed in class, there actually is more to it than we know, and (some of) her craziness actually does have logic and reasoning behind it.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.