Hey guys!
Since there's a ton of material to cover with this exam, I thought it might be helpful for all of us to post any further questions, or just point out important scenes and stuff. If several people contributed different areas of the material, I think it'd be a much more efficient way of covering everything.
Here's a few things that I'm wondering about:
As far as "self-help" goes under Bridget Jones, is this referring to her weight loss and appearance changes she makes to make herself more desirable when she wants a man and also the self-help books she consults after she decides it's "ok" to be single? Is there anything else you guys can think of?
I'm pretty unsure about some of the terms/concepts in the Late Colonel's Daughter
I know Kate is the maid and she stays with the daughters for a little while after the father dies because they invite her to (even though they don't really like her/want her to?), but I am not really sure what the larger significance is with her character?
I know the organ grinder is a performer that their dad never liked, but also don't know what the significance of that is.
For the watch, I know they have trouble deciding who to give it to and ultimately give it to the nephew who lives in Sri Lanka, but what is the significance of all that?
And as far as the religious things go, I know there is a mixture of the kinds of religion-- the Buddha statue, the priest, etc. and I thought that maybe the daughters never really thought too much about religion before because they looked at their father as a god-like figure, and now that he's gone, they question these other religious objects/ideas...?
If anyone has any ideas about those things, it would be much appreciated! I'm still just making my way through the study guide/review notes, but these are the questions I've come up with so far. If anyone else has any ideas or questions, I'll do my best to help!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.