This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Fall 2011. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Miss Brodie is just totally on top of her game
I used to think Miss Brodie was totally unfit to be a teacher, but in realty, she is just extremely confident in her brand of knowledge versus that of more institutionalized learning. I don't know what page it is because I read the book on my kindle, but the quote that begins "The word 'education' comes from the root e from ex, out, and duco, I lead...." really sums up who she is, or at least, who she sees herself as. She is absolutely right, Miss Mackay is wrong. In leading the girls the way she does in such a cocksure way she gives them a role model to live up to in terms of attitude as opposed to mannerisms.
1 comment:
I agree! Initially, I didn't like how Miss Brodie was teaching, but almost instantly after that perception, she reminded me of previous teachers whom became favorites of mine. She is unconventional and I think of her less of the image of a stereotypical teacher, but more of (as you put it) a role model :)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.