Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Huntress

I liked reading over these poems and trying to figure out their meanings. I haven't gotten very far though. The one that interests me most is Huntress. I have this mental image of these Amazon women roaming around searching for something. What are they chasing and where they are going I have no clue, I just like the poem. One thing that is interesting is how it says blunt your spear. Usually when you are hunting you want a sharp spear...

2 comments:

bailey said...

I think you could also interpret "blunt" with another meaning, though. To say that a person is blunt is to say that they're very forthright and sharp with their words, so maybe there could be a double entendre with this.

Unknown said...

I think blunting your spear might have something to do with not harming the quarry. We want to capture the quarry, but not kill it.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.