This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Fall 2011. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
A Woman's Prerogative
Chapter 3 confused me quite a bit. I am referring to the end of the chapter when Helga desires to leave Naxos and goes to see the doctor. She was very passionate prior to this visit in her reasons for leaving and moving back to Chicago. However, in a short conversations with the doctor, she momentarily changes her mind. I was shocked at this until I read on only to see she changed her mind back. I was very curious what the significance was to this scene. Why had she for a moment desired to stay? What changed her mind back? There was not much of the doctor's comments. The text even mentions that Helga herself zoned out for a few moments. I am very confused and would love to better understand this scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.