This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Fall 2011. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Miss A
Miss A is COMPLETELY different from the characters we've previously read. She is powerful, feared, envied, and yet people still want to be around her. She is strong and completely independent. I love how she keeps her conversations brief with everyone. If it's not about money or business its not her concern. She is very masculine yet she shows a a soft side when she welcomes cousin Lymon into her home. So far she's my favorite character.
2 comments:
I was also interested by this! Clearly these attributes set her apart from some of the other characters, but I think it might be interesting to see how she is also similar to some of the other women characters we've been introduced to.
I agree too but she does relate and familiarize with many of the woman as far as NOT successfully marrying.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.