I found this read to be an interesting circle to follow. The description of the characters as well as the things they say, are repeated multiple times, which makes it interesting to keep straight.
A particular line that I found very interesting was said by James Herbert, "Why don't you see to that girl better, you, you're her mother."
This line in particular was weird to me, because even though he is Melanctha's father, he always blames her mother for the trouble that she is in. James has as horrible temper and is always very rude, so I am surprised that he doesn't see the resemblance in his daughter's reactions to his own. Also, it surprises me that her mother never sticks up for herself. She never says anything about Melanctha being his daughter as well, or that he shares the same amount of problems. I also found it interesting that the mother died first. I feel that both Melanctha and her father drove her mother to her death.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.