Sunday, September 11, 2011

Response to week 2 readings

Before beginning to read The Spinster and Her Enemies, I was excited to read this article/story just based on the title alone because I have never had a class where I have learned about spinsters and such interesting feminism writing. After reading, I was a bit disappointed and I hope to learn more specifically about spinsters because I feel as if I did not get much from this reading and that it went over my head. A lot of big words were used and I felt like this story was very wordy, and while reading it I often felt discouraged and uninterested in what the reading was discussing. On the other hand, "A New England Nun" was very interesting to me and kept me intrigued the whole way through. I enjoyed reading the story and felt the characters were interesting enough and detailed enough to keep me involved and wanting to continue reading the story. I enjoy a good story with a "summed up" ending and I felt that I received this from the end of the story with Lousia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.